Thursday, August 24, 2006

just stuff

have you ever stopped and wondered why it is the small things that give us so much pleasure.. a perfect cup of coffee.. the smell of freshly cut grass after the rain.. the feel of dirt between your toes..

i love these things.. and stop and think about all these people in the world that seem to have every thing they could ever "materially" want.. and they seem so empty.. they just keep wanting more and more.. and it never seems enough.. of course there are exceptions.. but those kinds of people dont make sense to me ..

i am not rich by any means.. i have some nice things.. and i love my house and my life.. and i cant understand those that dont take the time to find where they are most happy...and i also dont understand those that are so unhappy in their life.. that they have to pursue others that are and try to tear them down .. what gives?


and what is up with those ppl so scared to be alone that they stay in a place .. relationship .. etc.. just so they dont have to be by themselves? i dont understand being with some one just for the sake of being .. i would much rather be alone and doing something positive for me.. than be in a place that bascially sucked the life out of me ..

anyway.. just thoughts i have been having lately.. whilst finishing .. yeah i said finishing .. a shawl.. there will be pics tomorrow after its dry and blocked.. i think it turned out nice..


PS.. WTF is up with Pluto being demoted?


posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Thursday, August 24, 2006  


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • Busy
  • Rennovation Chaos
  • Kitchen Chaos
  • beyond lucky
  • uummmm yeah
  • Flying
  • Foodie Friday Easy Peasy Hummus
  • Words Of Wisdom
  • Hot
  • Helpful Hint of the Day
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins