Friday, January 05, 2007

Hoppin John Foodie Friday

Hoppin John with Pork

1 lb cubed pork

1 lb hot pork sausage ( i like hot italian sausage)

1 medium onion, diced

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1 green bell pepper, chopped

1 clove garlic, peeled and minced

1 cup to 1 1/2 cup cooked black eyed peas

1 cup to 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice

1 can red gold or rotel diced tomatoes with chilies

a little olive oil

cajun spice


in a heavy skillet brown sausage and pork cubes you can season the cubed pork with a little cajun spice if you like.... this is to seal in the juice.. you dont have to cook them thru they will be added to the other stuff later.. drain off drippings.

in a larger dutch oven type pot.. or soup pot.. heat some olive oil and sautee the onion til almost transluscent ..then add the garlic, and peppers and sautee a little bit more... then add the meat , black eyed peas, rice and tomatoes.. and a little more cajun spice to taste.. let this simmer covered for 30 minutes... if you need a little more liquid add some water or broth ...

ladle into a bowl and serve with a hard crusty roll... enjoy!!

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Friday, January 05, 2007  


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • Full Moon
  • Happy New Year
  • I Think I Have A Winner
  • ummmDORK
  • He Looks Like
  • It's Beginning To ...
  • A Little Help Please?
  • Blah and a gift
  • One Word
  • A Recipe For A Night Of Fear
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins