Monday, February 26, 2007

Pink and Sparkles

pink and sparkles are ok if you are like under 12 .. or look like a barbie in real time.. i am neither of those things so i am sure you can imagine my utter and total disgust at the new clothing being put out by Harley this season .. sure if you are a barbie doll that sits on the back of a bike.. you are allowed pink and sparkles.. if however you dont happen to be a barbie nor do you sit on back.. i think its a little much .. i would say the majority of the spring stuff for women at the dealer had some sort of sparkle to it .. glitter.. crystals.. rhinestones.. metallic thread.. etc.. and a good bit was pink and/or purple pink.. gag me.. i know i am not the run of the mill girl type.. pink has never been one of my favourite colours.. i will wear it now and again .. but wouldnt be my first choice ... and sparkles.. PUH-LEESE.. i think i liked sparkles for like 10 minutes when i was 8.. i was informed by one sales lady that sparkles were making a come back! no in this girls closet..

i just think there was an over kill of it .... i was at not one but two dealers this past week .. i guess this out look is also tempered by the fact that i dont understand fringe or tassles.. not on clothing anyway .. and especially not on leather..


also lets note.. i tried on not one but five different jackets.. and NONE of them would zip up over by boobies with out having to squish them .. HELLO? for fucks sake harley .. if i am wearing an XL .. that probably means i have boobies that are XL also .. come on .. cut me a damned break.. i was ready and willing to spend some money in your store.. and came out with a couple t shirts .. and that was it..

that is the exact reason i went some where else for my jacket and chaps.. cause lets face it harley .. your chaps.. for women.. umm too boxy and androgynous looking.. pair that with a jacket that smashes my boobies almost flat.. and you get that look that no one knows if you are man or woman going down the road.. i am not asking for a fashion show.. nor am i huge girly girl but i DO want people to KNOW what gender i am .. is that too much to ask.. and NO the answer is NOT to make your boxy shit in pink.. the answer is to listen to your women customers and DO something about it..

cause get this .. harley.. women are more likely to spend the money on the stuff than men are.. men will buy one t shirt and if women like the looks enough they will leave with 3.. so i think you guys need to smarten up .. !!!

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Monday, February 26, 2007  


6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • Getting It Together
  • Egypt Egypt
  • Random Thoughts
  • Valentine Ball
  • i LOVE green
  • So There I Was
  • ok so Kari got me ... GAH!THE RULES: Each player o...
  • Birthday Booty
  • Happy Birthday
  • The Continuing Saga
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins