Thursday, November 11, 2004

Lest We Forget

On the eleventh hour of this eleventh day of the eleventh month.. I bowed my head in silence.. thinking about all the Vetrans that gave their lives so we may enjoy the freedoms we have... I thought about all those I have loved and lost (some most recently) .. a tear or two escaped .. I thought about all those people in my life who live the reality of war.. who on a daily basis defend our freedoms so that we may live a life full of choices ...those people that suffer so that we shall remain free.. I also thought about all the people that take that for granted..
I thought about all the people that hate America and what we fight for.. and it made me even sadder ...to think that many worthy people died so these few could complain so loudly about their country.. I know many places that would earn you the right to have your tongue cut out.. i digress..

I want to make sure every one remembers those brave soldiers that gave all that we should have so much ... I want to make sure every one remembers those that are currentlying giving all they can .. to assure us a warm safe place to sleep at night..

So do me a favour.. the next time you see one of our proud service men or women.. go up to them.. thank them for what they do and give up for you .. its the least you can do...and if you want to do more than that.. send packages to the soldiers that are fighting to protect our freedoms at this very moment.. sometime the smallest things you do.. mean the most to those that give every thing they have...and remember the next time you have to stand in line 30 minutes for your morning coffee.. you should be thankful you have the privilege(thats right I just said PRIVILEGE) to do just that instead of sleeping in the sand ... in a country 10,000 miles away from home ...wondering if you are ever going to make it home.. or the next time you want to complain about how bad this country is .. be glad you dont live in one that will cut your tongue out for voicing an opinion of the sort.. and maybe think twice when you have something bad to say about America.. land that I love..

I have been many places in this world and would never want to live any where but here or call any where but here home..

I am thankful for every life given... every sacrifice made so that I should be able to live free and have choices..

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Thursday, November 11, 2004  


6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • Morning Already...
  • Pumpkin
  • Blog Neglect
  • Sleep Deprivation and Sanity
  • Body Flow
  • Hmm Neglecting
  • Fringe Hell
  • Busy Bee
  • Relaxing....By The Fire
  • Dangers of the Thrift Store
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins