Saturday, October 23, 2004

Dangers of the Thrift Store

Right.. so I went to the Thrift store today for baby yarn.. there wasnt any left when I got there .. so .. well.. here is my haul




So all I can say is that I am weak.. I know this and openly admit it.. especially if it involves getting a great deal.. which of course this was .. the three balls of Opulent alone would have cost me what the whole haul did.. So of course I dont feel so bad.. AND I knew what I was going to make with all of it before I even left the store.. another thing.. I didnt spend every dollar I had in my bag this time either.. so I give myself a gold star for restraint .. well ok some restraint.. I should have left when they didnt have any baby yarn.. I just couldnt walk away.. so the cotton will be colourful jam jar covers( I have already made 4 today).. the Opulent is going to be scarves .. (quick pat on the back ~ the grey has already been made into its scarf this afternoon .. held with black mohair)..the purple and pink silks will be made into lacy shawls and the lime green odd yarn out is going to be a funky scarf for myself .. because out of all this work.. I have made nothing for me.. well except the galaxy poncho.. but i sold that thursday when I was made an offer I couldnt refuse..

Its been a good productive day already.. cant wait for game one tonight .. I am going to work through it as well .. I might even light a fire in the fireplace ... its been chilly and overcast all day here.. and my fingers are a little cold.. guess I should do that soon so it can die out before bedtime.. fall is in the air.. I love it !!!

So off to work I go.. have a great evening every one !!

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Saturday, October 23, 2004  


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • Hmm Friday
  • A REALLY GREAT DAY!!!!!
  • Lazy Wednesday
  • As Promised
  • Production
  • Obsession
  • The Road To Hell
  • UGH
  • I Made It Back
  • Blogging on My Trip
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins