Monday, March 14, 2005

Where Did The Weekend Go?

I tell you where it went.. right down the toilet LOL.. just kidding.. seems I spent most of my weekend trying to figure out a way to work with my yarns in my kitchen that is the size of a postage stamp in the most efficient way possible.. to no avail.. I still ended up with dye in weird places and tripping over my dogs...for the life of me I dont know how they figure out I am trying to do something and HAVE to be right up under my feet the whole time I am working.. especially Brutus.. he has a way of finding the worst spot ever to be in .. no matter what.. I some how ended up stepping on him at least 6 times over the course of this weekend...

Then there is issue of needing a swift.. I refuse to pay that kind of money for something.. so .. I made one myself.. I found a general idea of how to make one online and adjusted it to my needs...i didnt use the clamp.. I just used another piece of wood and clamped it in my all purpose stand that usually holds my cross stitch projects... it worked really well til I broke off one of the arms that held the yarn.. I decided to replace it with a metal screw.. it works much better now..

There has also been this mad rush to make a copy of Martha's release poncho.. I am trying hard to resist.. but .. I wont be able to .. I will be making my poncho as soon as my Bernat Galaxy gets here.. I am conviced that is what hers was made of even though there are others that think its Homespun.. I do however like the version that Lionbrand put out pattern wise the best.. I will most likely use that pattern but adjust my scallops.. who knows I will have to see how my galaxy works..

I wish there was more exciting things to post today but alas..there really isnt.. I spent my day winding yarns.. dyeing in the kitchen and watching the race.. fairly boring but pretty productive.. now.. I am going to go knit a little while before I hop off to bed...

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Monday, March 14, 2005  


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • I'm Shameless.....
  • I'm IN!! I'm IN!!
  • ok help me please
  • Man Hump Day Already!
  • Delayed Thank Yous!!
  • Interviews..
  • Interview With A Vampyre....
  • Look Ma!! I Learned Something New!
  • UGHHHHHH
  • Cheese Hater........
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins