Friday, December 03, 2004

Wish List.......

I saw this at Kari's Blog.. and thought I would join in the fun.. maybe some of us can make things happen for others.. in the spirit of the season ..

Step One:

Make a post to your weblog/journal. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.


Step Two:

Surf around your blogroll (or friend's blogrolls, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.


So there are the rules guys.. lets see what we can do for others.. its better to give than recieve right ??

Here is my wish list...

1. pure wool for trying my hand at felting..

2. new hooks from Turn Of The Century...

3. Elton John Dream Ticket cds

4. cashmere yarn as long as we are wishing right?

5. an hour of deep tissue massage...

6. new teas...

7. the Band of Brothers set on DVD

8. some Burt's Bees lipbalm (i am a complete addict)

9. I would love some personalized stationery

10.. My ultimate wish would be a week long vacation at the beach .. Cape Hatteras perhaps..

So Santa.. and your elves.. you may contact me at:

3-Olives{at}earthlink{dot}net


I had a pretty good day today .. I received another package in the mail AND the newest issue of Crochet! today .. THANKS Suzanne .. I will post pics of your stuff with the others.. I am going to make a group post when I receive all of my gifts...

Had a relaxed day.. been fighting sleep hangover all day.. UGH.. I dont get enough sleep.. I get too much sleep.. the troubles I have LOL ..

I finished my little lamb.. I have a few other things I want to take pics of before I post them so you all will have to wait.. he is a little smaller than the magazine calls for because I didnt use Jiffy .. I just used some simply soft I had laying around.. he is still cute!

I hope all of you have the best weekend ever.. some how today feels like monday to me.. I have been confused all day.. this whole sleep thing is making me crazy! ok ok ok .. not really .. I am already crazy but that sure sounded good didnt it !?

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Friday, December 03, 2004  


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • December ALREADY???
  • Naps
  • Making Stuff Maddness
  • Last Few Days
  • As Promised.. again ....
  • I Am A Fibber
  • Up Early
  • A Great Ending to My Crap Week!!
  • One Hell Of A Week....
  • Disheartened...
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins