Saturday, September 17, 2005

Dear Anonymous

I have to address this comment .... really I do .. and I find it slightly amusing .. because I know where it came from even though they tried hard to hide..

but here is the comment I recieved..

maybe some people are not as "strong" as you elizabeth, maybe you should have a little sympathy for those people who are not like you and sometimes needs someone to lean on, the world is made up of many different people and we are not all alike, what would be nice is if everyone kept their opinions to themselves. just my 2 cents here, and i choose to stay anonymous as i don't need to deal with the backlash of exprssing my own opinion

Let's break this down.. first of all I didnt say I had no sympathy for people.. I also said every one deals differently .. and I agree some people do need some one to lean on .. but come on for every little hang nail.. head ache etc?? please give me a break and some credit.. I am obviously not the only person with this opinion seeing as most of the comments from that day where positive.. also on this.. isnt this what your family and friends in real life are there to do ? support you when you need it ?

Secondly.. please dont even try to tell me what I should and should not do .. I do have sympathy.. what I dont have patience for is people trying to play on that sympathy every time I turn around with every thing that has happened in their lives.. to me.. playing the sympathy card should be reserved for the huge things in life when you really need it....

Obviously you are some one who thinks they know me well enough to pass judgement.. which is not what I was doing.. I was venting how I felt about something .. I didnt name names nor did I name specific situations.. It was a general statement about how I felt about something

And here is what really sets me off about your comment .. its the statement about keeping your opinion to your self .. now if you truly felt this way .. why did you bother to grace my blog with yours? and there is the other key factor.. this is MY blog.. that and the first amendment give me the right to say what ever it is i want.. also since you seem to know me.. since when did I ever hold back on what I have to say ?

With that being said .. I would have respected you more.. and replied to you privately .. had you had the balls to comment where every one knew who you were.. but since you decided not to .. well this is the only way ..

I will not say I am sorry for saying what I did .. that is the beauty of this place.. its mine and If you dont like what you see or read you dont have to read it .. nor do you have to agree.. I dont run a dictatorship .. and I honestly think the world would be a better place if every one did not repress how they feel and just say what they needed ..

as for you my dear Anonymous friend.. I have a feeling you are one of those people that complain about every thing life has handed you that is bad or tell your story to any one that will listen on the net just to garner that sympathy you seek because your friends and family in real life are probably sick to death of hearing it .. makes me wonder how right on i am ?

tell me what you think readers.... agree/ disagree? I wanna know because I respect every one's right to voice their opinion and their right to agree or disagree with me .. I dont think any one should keep it to themselves.. and I am a big girl .. I can take it when someone doesnt think the same as me ..

posted by ThreeOliveMartini @ Saturday, September 17, 2005  


18 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



THREE OLIVES AND SOME YARN

My Photo
Name:
Location: My Old Kentucky Home, KY - Kentucky, United States

still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up...speaking of that .. do I really have to ?


Today I Feel
My Punkymood


I Am A




These Are My


ARCHIVES

RECENT POSTS

  • MeMe... tagged.. Damn It Deneen!!
  • Happy Anniversary
  • Just Bitchy
  • Pirate Jacket REDUX. already!
  • Swatching
  • Happy Day
  • Contributions
  • Dear Impatient Bitch
  • Its Always Better With Presents
  • Dear New Orleans
  • Cool Things

    ADAGIO TEA

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Things I Do



    Image hosting by Photobucket

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





    Image hosting by Photobucket


    | Previous | Next |





    DESIGN


    Witbyt's skins
    Skin Tweaked by Kari
    Blogger
    Blogskins